I decided to focus on the revival of African music, dance and fashion, which I realized had become unpopular with the inhabitants of my continent and to present it in a cosmopolitan manner that made it acceptable to all.
It is with this in mind that I founded Atunda Entertainment (atunda.tv) in 2005.
Atunda Entertainment’s focus is to present and reposition African culture, art, music and fashion in a more sophisticated and cosmopolitan format with a view to enhancing its appreciation by an audience that has been exposed to various cultures, while retaining its original African roots and repertoire. A platform for developing young musical talents whose focus is on presenting Africa and whose skills are groomed and honed to the sophisticated level required by international audiences .
• Since inception, it has been involved in the development of renowned musical stars in Nigeria,London,Togo,Coted’ivoire and Benin Republic
I felt that it was important to create entertainment events that would attract Africans in the Diaspora to the continent and enhance their understanding of their Motherland . With this in mind I created MARE FESTIVAL in 2009 and Africa International music festival in 2016:
MARE festival is an annual mountain climbing festival which takes place in Ondo State in the South West Nigeria . The festival which features mountain climbing, marathons, hiking , music, dance, a beauty pageant and an African styled carnival leverages of the natural beauty of the Idanre hills; a tourist destination
Africa International music festival (AIM FESTIVAL).
The biggest content in Africa is music, to discover this, the world has to travel to each of the 55 African countries, the logistics of such travel given Africa’s deficiency and infrastructure will make it almost impossible.
AIM festival focuses on presenting Africa’s culture, music, dance, art and cuisine to the world. The annual festival which holds in December and in its 2nd Year features five (5) musicians and various other entertainers, whose musical sounds, art and dance represent and showcase the entertainment of 54 African countries.
AIM festival provides an opportunity for African music lovers, music producers, content researchers, TV production companies to explore the best of music from all 54 African countries in one venue!
INVOLVING AFRICANS IN DIASPORA
• I have always taken the view that Africans in the Diaspora should come to Motherland to invest and assist in growing the continent. By looking at the Jewish experience in relation to Israel, I realized the value that could be realized when a country or continent was in a position to obtain financial and other assistance from its people in the diasporas. It therefore became important to have a clarion call that would encourage Africans in the Diaspora and lovers of Africa to interact with the continent and assist in its development.
• I therefore decided to create a platform,Motherland Beckons (www.motherland beckons.com) that would encourage our brothers (and sisters ) in the Diaspora to get to know and experience their roots through travel to the Motherland .
• I also created Motherland investments ltd for Africans interested in investing on the continent
• Motherland Investment LTD has two activations:
• As the name implies is a bridge that helps create investment opportunities for Africans in Diaspora, small businesses are established / grown by building a business bridge between investors in the Diaspora and Africans in the continent.
• AFRICA TURKEY TRADE CENTER (ATTC) is a platform founded in partnership with MUSIAD to enhance investment/trade relations with Africa by connecting Turkey with the entire continent of Africa and also to create an avenue in Turkey where the whole world can trade, invest and exchange cultures with Africa. In other words, those who think Africa is too far can connect Africa in Konya, Turkey.
A TOTALLY NIGERIAN FOCUSED INITIATIVE.
In the midst of all my dreams for the continent I also realized that as an African and a Nigerian, I could never hope to develop my continent without exploring means of developing my homeland and placing my ideas on a firm footing in Nigeria
Nigeria with its myriad of challenges and dependency on a dwindling natural resource – oil , is a country that requires development in the area of its peoples’ thoughts and it was with this in mind that I tabled before my government two ambitious programs.
1. Diaspora Nigeria Economic Rebirth and Growth Plan (DNERGP)
2. Hope Unity Rebirth and Prosperity (HURP)
Diaspora Nigeria Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (DNERGP) is a tourism initiative designed to offer Nigerians, lovers of Nigeria in Diaspora and their friends a template to contribute their own quota of resuscitating the economy by holidaying and /investing in Nigeria.
DNERGP offers investment opportunities in holiday homes or in franchise of the exquisite La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort. Leveraging on our partnership with MUSIAD (one of the world’s largest business organization with over 55,000 members, 11,000 corporations spread over 175 locations worldwide) opportunities also exist in business partnership, franchise ownership and
distributorship of products from over 11,000 companies on the MUSIAD platform.
HURP which is an acronym for Hope, Unity, Rebirth and Prosperity is a creation of Motherland Beckons in conjunction with the Federal Ministry of Tourism, Culture and National Orientation, and the Federal Government of Nigeria by extension to chart a path for the Nigerian nation. HURP was formed out of need to create awareness of issues causing our problems in Nigeria and ways to seek to address them.
The HURP project involves about 25 major activations across the length and breadth of the country and in the Diaspora and has the potential to create a humungous and positive spiraling effect on individuals, private sector and economy of the nation.
• I hope that my presentation has provided some understanding of the concepts that have driven the efforts I have made to date in relation to the development of the African continent.
• I also hope that it has sparked within you a desire to walk alongside me in developing Africa.